Have you read The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson? I highly recommend it. Here is what I learned:
Every single time I read a book on business or personal growth, I take notes. And, as I always turn EVERYTHING into a research project, I also go digging on the internet for resources (and of course, freebies – I mean who doesn’t love a free download). I recently cleaned out some old notes and found my printout on when I read The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson. I thought this book was going to be a bit of a fluff piece just saying “do a little more each day.” I was pleasantly surprised to have lots to share. Here are my big take-a-ways:
- Always be tweaking: systems need to be in place but can always be improved. Don’t be stuck in a way of doing anything.
- Think about who you want to model? When I think about those who I want to model I think about those who help others. Not just give money, but give of their expertise and time.
- Stop building anyone else’s dream of me.
- Spend time with those who have an infectious positive attitude – those filled with energy, and vitality and brighten a room.
- Slow down to move fast. Get the job done and documented before you just pass it along.
- Take time to reflect every single night.
- Celebrate every single accomplishment.
- It’s all habits (oh my gosh – ENOUGH about the habits – everyone is talking about the habits – hint hint: Jen, maybe because they are important!!).
- Show up, be consistent, glass should be overflowing but an occasional funk is ok.
- Commit to the long haul – nothing happens overnight.
- Have faith.
- Your burning desire is your motivation.
- Be willing to pay the price…for me that is in the time it takes for the habits.
- Integrity – do the right thing when no one is watching.
- Stop planning so much and stop doing!
- Life has a way of rearranging itself so you adjust your focus to where it needs to be.
While I didn’t have high hopes for The Slight Edge I must say that it turned out to be a real eye-opener for me. It isn’t just about doing a little more…it is about believing that “a little more” adds up to a goal or achievement.
They say that all successful individuals are voracious readers. And one of my goals is to read more in 2023. I’ll be reporting back with my notes as often as possible.
If you wish to purchase The Slight Edge, please visit my Amazon store by clicking here!