I am the friend who always needs explaining…the one who does not run with the pack. I am as mainstream as I am a free spirit. My standards are exceptionally high and I get bored easily. I live an amazing life designed and created by me and for me. I am Type A all the way and a hopeless romantic reorganizing the idea of love and life knowing the right person will seamlessly fit in when we are both ready. I am hard as nails with a hopeless romantic heart.
My warning label would read: The Ultimate Gemini
Think “I am…until I am not.” You can insert any qualifier into that statement…easy, kind, generous…and usually, it turns to the other side when I feel like someone is not being fair, or taking advantage, or using me, or not appreciating me. While I would not say my alter ego is Maleficent (because she is already taken by a good friend) I would say I can get very very close.
I have an unwavering belief in myself, steel center core of integrity, boundless courage and love the clever & authentic.
- I am a mom to three daughters who are as amazing as they are psychotic.
- I was raised to always do the right thing.
- I am the proud founder and owner of Your Social Media Hour. I help you get customers and clients using social media. Visit Jennifergardella.com to see my professional side.
- I have worked my ass off to build my business using every ounce of “Jersey” scrapiness I have in my system.
- I have amazing clients and I get amazing results for them.
- I have an unbelievable support system around me filled with friends as close as family.
- I’m never settling again.
- I am not my children’s friend. I have told them that as they each turn 25 I will take them to Paris and then we can be friends. Right now they are insane teenagers and need a parent, not a buddy.
- I have an unnatural love of all things Disney – my oldest is the only one left who will feed the addiction and I know she loves it as much as I do.
- I have a few weird habits: I nuke ice cream for 10 seconds before eating and always look for my initials in license plates. Oh…and I love (and I mean love) to write with Sharpies.
- I wake up in the morning craving a cup of coffee and when I put my feet on the floor the devil rolls his eyes and whispers “oh gosh, here we go again.”
I want to be clear, while I do talk about my amazing life often, it is not one that has been handed to me, I have worked hard, sometimes clawing blindly towards happiness I had blind faith existed. There have been dark times, and a few dark spots still remain. As many would say, I’ve built my life with the bricks others have thrown at me – and boy do I make broken look good. In the not-so-distant past I walked away from drama and those who seemed to bask in it. I can not be controlled and need to be respected for whom I really am in the world. I am loyal to a fault, however, if you are not 100% on my side you are not welcome. We do not always have to agree, but you need to respect me…and be nice.
I’m tough as nails, a total snob about manners and chivalry, and can fit into a double-wide just as easy as with the country club set.
I have been told I have a powerful mind and can manifest greatness simply with the thought. I can not cook – to date I have yet to cause anyone illness but most do not take the chance. If I invite you to dinner it is best to bring your own pizza, or suggest we go out. There is the story of a famous dinner party I threw where my chicken was so dry friends are still parched. Hey look, I served lots of wine.
I never give up and have blind ambition. I am a royal pain in the ass and will relentlessly hold tight to my beliefs. If you want to feed me a line of BS you have not thought completely through…good luck.
In my former life I was Sandra Dee and my soul misses the times of poodle skirts and saddle shoes. I love all things pink, but think as women we put way to much time into our hair and make-up. I get my hair dyed because of the comments of others – honestly, it takes too long. Sure, your hair looks better than mine, you have nicer clothes, and your make-up is done to perfection covering all your imperfections…I really don’t care. I love you for who you are so stop suggesting I spend a few hours in the salon getting high lights and low lights – I choose to do something else.
My ideal of a perfect date is a trip around Lake Galena on bikes followed by pizza and a French Martini – I am easy…well, just remember, until I am not. Just putting this out to the universe – sometime in the summer of 2021 I would like to be taken to one of the romantic candle-lit concerts in Philly.
I despise injustice and those who have the power to do good or help but choose instead to do nothing. If you are in trouble or lost and think I can assist in some way, please give me a call and I will do whatever I can.
Why do I blog? Because I love to write. There is something very powerful about putting my stories out in public for others to share with me…and learn from…and help. I’m an open book and am honored when others tell me that the connect to me through this writing has helped them in some way. My vulnerability is my superpower – it is my cloak of protection.
I have had many life-altering days, but none as overwhelming as July 2, 1027 when my ex-husband John R. Wengler passed away. He was my co-parent, we had done divorce right remaining friends after our split. I’ve watched my children deal with grief until, at times, I could no longer watch. We’ve transitioned them to living with us full-time and also transitioned us to a very very different life. Above all, my heart breaks for my dear friend who is no longer here to sit by my side and watch all the moments of our three daughters launching – big and small. While he passed over I contemplated renaming this blog “thanks, and I’ll have another.”
This blog…it is about steps…and through it I share my experiences with
- Steps in raising my children
- Steps in rebuilding my life after divorce and then another
- In stepping into a new life after John left us.
- Stepping forward, onward and upward after leaving a marriage that wasn’t working
- Being “single as a pringle” in 2021 (no, I cannot believe I just said that either – my kids will find it and make me take it down eventually – they tell me I’m not “that” hip).
In and of itself, this blog is the next step from an original space here on the internet that had run its course. I hope here you find a connection, some inspiration…and a friend if you need one.